Maximum Strength PEPCID AC®
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 3.2.0
- CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 4.12ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned; HTTP status code of 404 was returned;
This website contains current product information and may differ from the information on the product packaging you may have. If you have any questions, please contact the Consumer Care Center (CCC) at 1-800-755-4008.
Where to Buy
Maximum Strength PEPCID AC® works before, during, or after the start of heartburn.
Even at night, Maximum Strength PEPCID AC® works fast to relieve heartburn and is strong enough to prevent tough heartburn.* So relax, knowing you have Maximum Strength PEPCID AC® on your side all day or all night.†
* Prevents heartburn if taken 10 to 60 minutes before a meal.
† Based on 9-hour acid control studies during the day and 12-hour acid control studies during the night. Acid control does not imply symptom relief.
Uses and Directions
- relieves heartburn associated with acid indigestion and sour stomach
- prevents heartburn associated with acid indigestion and sour stomach brought on by eating or drinking certain food and beverages
- Adults and children 12 years and over:
- to relieve symptoms, swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water. Do not chew.
- to prevent symptoms, swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water at any time from 10 to 60 minutes before eating food or drinking beverages that cause heartburn
- do not use more than 2 tablets in 24 hours
- Children under 12 years: ask your doctor
Do not use if you are allergic to famotidine or other acid reducers
- if you have trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools. These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
- with other acid reducers
- had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.
- heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating, or dizziness
- chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadedness
- frequent chest pain
- frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn
- unexplained weight loss
- nausea or vomiting
- stomach pain
- kidney disease
taking a prescription drug. Acid reducers may interact with certain prescription drugs.
- your heartburn continues or worsens
- you need to take this product for more than 14 days
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222)
- read the directions and warnings before use
- keep the carton – it contains important information
- store at 20°–25°C (68°–77°F)
- protect from moisture